Thursday, March 8, 2012

Photo Feedback

As a beginning photographer, I was so excited to come across Mom Tried It and her post about Photo Feedback.  This is the first time I have participated, and I cannot wait to hear some helpful hints and tips on how I could have improved this photo.

I shot this for friends last weekend at a local park.  In my eye, I had great vision for this shot.  I am still trying to get comfortable learning my camera settings, so, while it turned out nicely, I wish it could have been better. 




I've done some minor edits including straightening and slight color and lighting adjustments. 

I appreciate the time and comments in advance!
Thanks!

Mom Tried It

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for joining the photo feedback group! I like the concept of seeing the face of the baby while mom and dad are turned to their back. I like the framing provided by the arbor. I would like to see more of the sides of the arbor - maybe in more of a landscape or square format. It might also allow you to trim a bit of the foreground shadow. That setting is going to be a winner, especially on an overcast day! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your input! I apppreciate it very much!

      Delete
  2. I like the composition and I love the slight vignette around the edge too. I would suggest maybe doing a layer adjustment with a mask to bring more light on the family (not the whole scene). The family seems a little dark and this would really bring them out.
    Very lovely shot and I think you did great!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the comments. I will google how to do a mask because I have no idea what I'm doing! Ha! Thanks again!

      Delete